Style and Design

I bought a used textbook from them, and instead of sending me the textbook I ordered they sent me an instructor's edition and covered it with a sticker bar code so I couldn't tell.This didn't cause an issue in class, as it's essentially the same book as the regular book.

However, this is a huge problem when trying sell back the book at the end of the semester. Teacher's editions are completely WORTHLESS when selling books back, so the only way I could get more than $3 for it was to sell it back to bookbyte for $20, whereas if I had the actual book I ordered in the first place I would have gotten about $40 from amazon. I used this book maybe 4 times, so I returned it to bookbyte in practically the same condition they sent it to me (which was awful, by the way; the cover was being held together by packing tape and 3/4 of the pages had water damage). I never hear anything back from them so I log in to check on this and it just says that my book was returned "damaged" so they threw it out.

So in the end I was sold a textbook in horrible condition, was not even given the book I ordered (different ISBN and everything), and was cheated out of any money from a buyback, although I'm sure they didn't actually recycle my book and will be selling it to some poor student again next year.Moral of the story: BOOKBYTE WILL *** OVER, DO NOT BUY FROM OR SELL TO THEM!

Review about: Bookbyte Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: No refund, Book rejected without reason given, Inventory issues.

Had an Experience with Bookbyte?

Comments